This plant protein bowl is loaded with protein, antioxidants and nutrients to fuel you up all day!
Happy Recipe Redux Day!
October 2016 – Theme
Plant Protein Power Bowls
Packed with protein, fiber and color, plant power bowls are trendy and delicious. Show us the healthy recipe that’s in your bowl.
If you know me at all, I always grab a bowl instead of eating off a plate. I just like mixing it all up in a bowl and grubbing!! Everything slides around on the plate and it’s hard to mix together – right?! Besides this plant protein bowl tasting ultra delicious…the bowl part is what I love most! OK…I think you all get it now that I like bowls – haha!
I am by no means a vegetarian, but I find myself opting for plant protein, vegetarian options often. I love how fresh everything is and it’s usually colorful and makes for a great picture 😉
How do you all incorporate plant proteins into your diet? Try out this bowl for a quick weeknight dinner or prep it ahead and have it for lunch!
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2-3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Beans of your choice (I did a combination)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, diced
- 3 Tbsp. EVOO
- Arrange all ingredients in a bowl in sections. I placed a dollop of the tahini in the middle of my bowl too.
- For the dressing, simply whisk all ingredients together! Voila!