Easy Healthy Carrots Cookies for your Easter brunch…or any time of year!
What makes these carrots healthy? You are getting fiber from the oats and they also help lower cholesterol. The carrots are a good source of vitamin A and contain antioxidants such as carotene. I also used whole wheat flour instead of white and the only source of sugar is from the maple syrup. YUM! 🙂 Plus they are super easy, measure out your ingredients, pour in bowls, mix, and bake! Voila.
I am a big fan of carrot cake and enjoy coming up with new fun recipes. The cookies turned out soft, chewy and basically everything you can dream of in a cookie! I could ramble on about cookies in general but I’ll dive in to how these bad boys are made now.
- *Note: use the spoon and level method when measuring the oats and flour. ALSO, CHILLING IS MANDATORY! (Only 30 minutes)
- 1 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup grated and chopped carrots
- optional: 1/4 cup golden raisins, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- Whisk oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl, whisk butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup until incorporated. Add in the flour mixture and stir just until incorporated. Next fold in the carrots.
- Chill the dough for AT LEAST 30 MINUTES in freezer.
- While dough is chilling preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from freezer and drop scoops of cookie dough onto baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes (depending on the chewy-ness you like)
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for ~10-15 minutes then enjoy!
- Optional: mix in raisins or walnuts.
- I made my cookies small, yield: 20 cookies. I also like my cookies chewier than most, so if they seem under baked to you, cook for a few minutes longer. Recipe adapted from Amy's Healthy Baking
- These also freeze really well!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @krolls_korner on Instagram or send me a pic, I’d love to see!
- Looking for easy and healthy recipes? Head over to my Pinterest page to get inspired!
- You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook – follow along for nutrition info and more recipes.