These 7-Ingredient Brownie Mint Energy Bites are a delicious afternoon snack or after dinner treat! Get all of the brownie goodness in just a couple bites!
Disclosure: This post is not sponsored, I was not compensated for my time, nor was I asked to post this recipe. All opinions are my own.
Hey guys! Hope you are having a great week so far! I made this Brownie Mint Energy Bites with Eating Evolved Coconut Butter Mint Cream Cups last weekend and loved how the recipe turned out. I got the inspiration for brownie bites when I was reading a magazine in Angels Camp, CA getting my nails done and thought hey – brownie energy bites would be a fantastic idea. Do I have any chocolate at home? (Of course I have chocolate at home, who am I kidding…) So a few days after I got home from Angels Camp I started to recipe develop – I clearly couldn’t wait!
Roasting the hazelnuts is totally necessary in this recipe – it adds such a nice flavor to these little bites of brownie heaven. The bulk of the sweetness in the recipes comes naturally from the dates ((yay for potassium and fiber!)) The Eating Evolved cups have minimal ingredients and are KEY in this recipe. Here are the ingredients in the cups: Organic Coconut, Organic Cacao, Organic Coconut Sugar, Organic Cacao Butter, Organic Peppermint Oil. Amazing right?
No time to look now? Pin this recipe for later!
I’ll get straight to the point! Here is the recipe below. I high recommend storing the brownie bites in the freezer! They will last for up to 2 weeks (if no one eats them all by then!)
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 Eating Evolved Mint Cream Coconut Butter Cups (room temperature or slightly melted)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (or almond, soy, sunflower, etc.)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small rimmed baking sheet with foil and spread the hazelnuts evenly on the foil. While the oven is preheating, I like to soak the dates in some water to get them a little softer.
- Toasted hazelnuts in oven for 10 minutes. Allow the nuts to cool and rub off the skin from hazelnuts. This step can be done beforehand to save time! Once the nuts are cooled, roughly chop them in the food process and set aside (You will use this to coat the bites at the end)
- In a food processor, pulse the dates until almost paste like. Then add in the coconut butter cups, nut butter, cacao powder, water, peppermint extract, and salt until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into the size ball you prefer, and roll in the chopped hazelnuts to coat. Will make ~15 energy bites. Store in freezer for up to 2 weeks!
- Use code "krolltmt" at checkout on the Eating Evolved website for a surprise FREE chocolate bar.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @krolls_korner on Instagram or send me a pic, I’d love to see!
- Looking for easy and healthy recipes? Head over to my Pinterest page to get inspired!
- You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook – follow along for nutrition info and more recipes.